Port Townsend is a fantastic year-round destination, but its beauty really starts to shine in the spring time.
Buskers on the Block
Tyler Plaza at Tyler and Water Street. Port Townsend’s Main Street organization brings you local musicians who bring music and fun to our downtown area in free casual small-scale performances from 2-3 PM most Thursdays beginning April 2022.
- April 7 Jack Dwyer, is a multi-instrumentalist, singer/songwriter, and teacher based in the Pacific Northwest. Featuring classic and traditional American repertoire as well as original music.
- April 14 Jonathan Doyle, Saxophonist, clarinetist, jug blower, bass saxophonist, composer, and arranger
- April 21 Corinne Adams, Celtic fiddle
- April 28 Phina Pipia is a classically trained vocalist and multi-instrumentalist. Her work is characterized by rich vocals, nontraditional instrumentation and inventive lyrics that cut straight to the heart.
- May 5 Jere Canote Lively fiddle tunes and old country songs
- May 12 Scott Braman eclectic instrumental guitar; classic rock, folk, light jazz and originals
- May 19 Kristin Myers—singer, songwriter, guitarist plays whimsical folk
- May 26 tba
Port Townsend Victorian Festival
This heritage event was founded in 1996 to celebrate the history and lifestyle of early settlers in Port Townsend, runs April 29, 2022 through May 1, 2022 from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm.
Uptown Walking Tours
Uptown Walking tours are new this year! Local guides will regale walkers with tales of the lives of Uptown citizens and their abodes. The schedule includes a one-time exclusive Walking Tour, limited to 16 people and featuring an invitation to step into the iconic Anne Starrett House. Tour guides have planned a round-trip walking journey from the Courthouse and past Uptown homes to the Starrett House, where homeowners will guide them through the elegant parlors of this historic home. The McCurdy House offers another opportunity to enter a historic home, with entry to the parlor and library as part of the tour. Visitors will hear the history of this heritage home and stories of the owners’ experience restoring a Victorian house.
Northwest Maritime Center
New and open to all tours of the world-renowned Northwest Maritime Center launching in April and free to all. 431 Water Street, Port Townsend . 5:00-6:00 pm. There is no better place to learn from the Sea. Family-friendly, on-the-water activities are planned for this summer. So if you are planning a stay in Port Townsend this summer, be certain to check out this link https://nwmaritime.org/programs/adult-programs/adult-learn-to-sail-classes/.
Port Townsend Vintage
Love great wine, historical waterfront buildings and fabulous music? Check Port Townsend Vintage downtown at 725 Water Street from 4:30 – 6:30 pm.
- April 1: Jazz with Jean Lenke and Steve Kirk
- April 8: Jazz Trio with Jenny Davis
- April 15: Mike, Val, George ~ Gershwin Tribute
- April 22: Clarinetist, Jonathan Doyle
- April 29: Trevor Hanson, classical, jazz, rock, folk, & other styles
- May 6: Guitarist, Brian Douglas