Imagine for a moment a new way of learning. A way rooted in place, surrounded by masters, supported by a community, and in the midst of idyllic beauty.
That’s how we do “learning” in Port Townsend.
Our area is home to some of the most dynamic and innovative experiential learning programs in the country. Want to learn how to build wooden boats? No problem. Want to spend a week jamming with blues guitar legends? Check. Feel like building a gypsy wagon? Done.
And on and on…
Port Townsend attracts curious people of all ages who want to learn new skills. New ideas. New trades. Here are some places to start exploring:
- Centrum – Weeklong workshops for all ages at Fort Worden State Park in the visual, literary, and performing arts.
- Port Townsend School of Woodworking – National destination for beginning and advanced woodworkers – also at Fort Worden State Park.
- Goddard College – Innovative college located at Fort Worden State Park offering low residency MFA in Creative Writing and MFA in Interdisciplinary Arts.
- Port Townsend Marine Science Center – Workshops in marine ecosystems and biology at Fort Worden State Park.
- Northwest Maritime Center – Workshops and events in a broad range of maritime skills and trades; located in downtown Port Townsend.
- Northwest School of Wooden Boatbuilding – Center for the art and history of wooden boatbuilding.